This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE3

Started by Zachary Ladwig, September 14, 2018 · 19 Replies · 193 Views

Zachary Ladwig

Hi just starting SL pe3 now. 

 

First try here 

And The iM 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI zachary, one thing...reach lower with the hips on the PE.

Zachary Ladwig

Trying again 

Although still looks like I should go lower? Until hip bone touches? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hy Zachary, i watched your video before seeing your last words...you got it...move lower at the bottom and higher at the top like if you have to move inside the hands with the supporting shoulders...that is the exact movement you do on the side lever.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Alessandro Mainente 
 

How is this one?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good job trying to get your hips all the way to the floor. Be careful not to let them pike as you do so, instead, try to increase the arch/bend in your side. Your hips position on your second side was better than the first.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner

is this any better? I tried to sort of maintain PPT the whole time. Is APT what u mean by pike? Like not staying in a straight line?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good adjustment, you're headed in the right direction. Yes, try to keep your body in a straight line from head to toe. Here you are doing a much better job of keeping your hips in the right position, however, you are picking up some arch in the spine/sticking your chest forward. Engaging your core muscles will help you to keep your ribs in line with the rest of your body.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner

Thank you for your help. Is this better? Still it looks like my right side is better than the left 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice improvement!

Zachary Ladwig

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner

 

i realized I can’t actually do 5X15 with good form and no extra rest. So back at 4X9

besides the final set how does my form look? Still a little better on the right than the left yes? 
 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Yes, your right side still looks better than your left, but both are improving. Can you also post a video of your iM where your entire body is visible?

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner here are this weeks with iM

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice work. On your iM try to keep your eyes straight forward while puling your elbows back. At the same time, try to engage your core muscles to keep your ribs pulled in.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner I am getting to the final step how do these look?

 

I am still always sore after 

Jeffrey Bittner

Good improvement. As you get tired, don't forget to keep your head in a neutral position on both your PE and iM. Keep up the good work.

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner I was looking at my form from today and I think I see what you mean about neutral. Are you referring to situations like 3:20 - 3:30 where my head is facing the ceiling instead of straight forward? 
 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

In part, yes that is what I was referring to. I was also referring to times where you tend to look at your feet, although you did a much better job of looking straight forward this time around. Keep up the great work!

Zachary Ladwig

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner thank you as always.

 

here are this weeks. Do you think I am ready to move to the next exercise? 

 

Alessandro Mainente
17 hours ago, Zachary Ladwig said:

Hi @Jeffrey Bittner thank you as always.

 

here are this weeks. Do you think I am ready to move to the next exercise? 

 

Very nice, both execution and range of movement.