This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Splitting the Split Series

Started by Aaron Hughson, September 11, 2018 · 6 Replies · 267 Views

Aaron Hughson

Hey Everyone,

 

I was curious as to whether it be alright to split the stretch series into two separate sessions? I only have 45m’s for my lunch workout(+ 5 Min Travel each way).  I like to warm up with jump rope (4m)and a Restore series (10m)before the stretch series. Any recommended course of action or restore series to use before proceeding with a particular stretch series?

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Aaron, unfortunately, the stretch series is a focused stretch protocol that should be done in a single day.

Aaron Hughson
38 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Aaron, unfortunately, the stretch series is a focused stretch protocol that should be done in a single day.

I see you say in a single day. So could I achieve this by going 11:45-12:15 and finishing when I get home from work at 4:15?

Alessandro Mainente

Well, the stretch protocol is made to be an higher intensity as you move through the series, the risk of splitting it up is that you have to warm up first, for example, the late part of the TB series is made in a way that the previous exercises prepare gradually....but if you stop you need for sure a warm up after, in this way ideally you need more time. 

Jeffrey Mailly

@Aaron Hughson Do you not feel warmed up in the middle of the day? Going into the stretch series "cold" first thing after waking up in the morning is different than going into it halfway through your workday. I have limited time in the gym during my breaks as well so I try to do some basic movements around my office if I really feel tight. It might look dumb, but those who want it enough will find a way.

Aaron Hughson
On 9/26/2018 at 6:16 AM, Jeffrey Mailly said:

@Aaron Hughson Do you not feel warmed up in the middle of the day? Going into the stretch series "cold" first thing after waking up in the morning is different than going into it halfway through your workday. I have limited time in the gym during my breaks as well so I try to do some basic movements around my office if I really feel tight. It might look dumb, but those who want it enough will find a way.

@Jeffrey Mailly My apologies for not having responded sooner. I've been trying to discover my best methods for intergration of work and gst.

To bring it into focus a bit more here is my daily life.

I ride my bike to work .5 mile each way, about 4 minutes. Its a BMX bike so its a bit harder due to gearing. I go home for "lunch". Now what I list next is how I now see myself approaching my GST journey in full perspective. But perhaps I am overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge afforded to me. Well here goes.

 

Thrive Principles + 16/8 Intermittent fasting  8:30pm-12:30pm Daily

11:30AM - Bike home 4 min.

11:35AM - Skip Rope 10 sec sprints, 30 sec slow, 6 sets

11:40AM - MON - Limber 10 min, CORE F1

                 - TUE - Lower Body Restore Series ( Creating a stretch protocol based on a combination of Restore)

                 - WED - Limber 10 min, LEGS F1

                 - THUR - Upper Body Restore Series

                 - FRI - Limber 10 min, Upper Body F1 + HS1

This is what I was thinking of going with as I essentially have 50 total minutes to work out and 10 minutes to make the round trips back and forth from work.

I work out fasted as it has been the best feeling, I am still cutting fat with the "10" miles of bike riding I do each week. I do wonder if my results would be better if I could arrange my workout sets to fit that 50 minute time frame. I'm asking for help, but I'm reluctant to admit I need it. So thank you for taking the time to read this.

 

Regards,

 

Coach Sommer

Hi Aaron,

It is not optimal, but you can certainly split the split courses to suit your schedule.


Be aware also that there are lots of new shorter stretch and mobility programs being released for subscribers.  New material every week.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer