This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting thoracic stretch

Started by Eloy Bote, September 9, 2018 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi guys!

I started thoracic bridge program the friday and literally I wasn't able to finish it. Everyithing was fine until the backbends, because I can't open my thoracic spine even 1 degree :(

When I do the elevated bridge with my coach she pulls me back and that helps but when I do it on my own I just use the lower back to bend instead of opening the thoracic spine as she does with the rib cage flaring out.

Is there anyway to scale down those back bends? Because even the one where you grab the stall bars with your hands while back bending is a no go for me without using the lumbar.

Oh and another question,  should I do the program 1 time a week or more? Actually I do another stretches and strengthening exercises through the week to target the overhead mobility, but a lot lee intense than this program.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Eloy, if you access the course page then in the top of the page there is the fitness label, then select course library, then select thoracic bridge, then select the second icon to the right. all the exercises will appear with a proposed scaled exercise for all the most of the exercise.

Eloy Bote

Thank you very much Alessandro, that saved my life!

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Eloy, if you access the course page then in the top of the page there is the fitness label, then select course library, then select thoracic bridge, then select the second icon to the right. all the exercises will appear with a proposed exercise for all the most of the exercise.

you're welcome.