This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS Work Daily?

Started by ROBERT Burtchell, September 7, 2018 · 4 Replies · 275 Views

ROBERT Burtchell

I've read up and started working handstands lately again, and most poeple talk about it being a skill that needs to be practised daily. Is H1 something that can be trained daily or at least 5-6 days?

Pauline Taube

Hi Robert,

Handstand work can definetely be practiced daily. You should however start off with 2-3 times a week to let your body adapt and gradually increase after a couple of weeks :) 

ROBERT Burtchell

Thats basically what I ended up doing. I'm on chinese handstands doing 4x36 on some days, 3x48, 2x60, to keep volume spread out, but still hitting them daily.

 

Thank you for the feedback. =)

Nils Kernell

Pauline, sorry if I'm misunderstanding but I though Handstand1 was only recommended once a week (as per coach's schedule).

Do I understand it correctly that I should instead aim for 3+ sessions a week (I'm also doing F1 and stretch series)?

Thanks!

Nils 

Alessandro Mainente

Begin adding one session more. not 2.