This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mastery of strength but not mobility

Started by Sebastian Garza T, August 30, 2018 · 5 Replies · 274 Views

Sebastian Garza T

Hi, quick question. If I am mastering scapular shrugs, but I can't keep my glutes on the ground with swivel hips, should I stay in PE1 until I master mobility? It seems like it could be a while. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Sebastian, yes this is the first rule fo foundations. mater both mobility and strength before moving on.

Sebastian Garza T

Thanks! 

Alessandro Mainente

you are welcome.

Tim Kaplan

It's going to take me close to a year to master hip swivels! Impossible to keep my glutes on the ground...

Alessandro Mainente

Probably you have an internal rotation deficit. my suggestion is trying swivel hips daily and if necessary helping the knee to reach the ground with one leg...slowly gentle push.