This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 + IM

Started by David Pardy 340028, August 29, 2018 · 14 Replies · 126 Views

David Pardy 340028

And again, would really appreciate any feedback! I feel like my stance could have been wider with the IM

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Your compression at the top of your tuck ups looks awesome! Aim to do your reps with this form at the rate of the Follow Along video. Your iM looks good as well. As you stand up, remember to engage your core muscles to keep your ribs pulled in.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks for the feedback Jeffrey!  It's good to know I'm on the right track with some of these exercises

David Pardy 340028

Just wondering if this counts for mastery?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David, the IM needs refinements:

-the upper arm when you are at the bottom mush shows a full internal rotation;

-the upper arm at the bottom should be completely vertical;

-you need to reach inside and behind the legs with the shoulder at knees level at least.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex, I'll work on it

David Pardy 340028

Ok, I can see in this video my arm is not completely vertical at the bottom (I know how to fix it), but is the ROM better?

 

Alessandro Mainente

It is only a matter of proprioception. it is like having a bad alignment in handstand but you still have enough shoulder mobility. proprioception. it takes time.

David Pardy 340028

Very true!

David Pardy 340028

How's this?
 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice one DAvid, not it's time to improve the range of motion by moving the bottom shoulder at knees level.

David Pardy 340028

Thanks Alex!

David Pardy 340028

Hi Alex, how's my depth looking now?  I know I got a little wobbly in the arm a few times haha

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey David, definitely better. you can move on.

David Pardy 340028

Awesome, thanks Alex!