This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

mixing core/upper/lower

Started by Michael Stanwyck, August 28, 2018 · 1 Replies · 99 Views

Michael Stanwyck

I find that if I do all of the core exercises in one day, the final exercise suffers as a result. It seems more intuitive to me to break things up. I am doing one day with a core and an upper exercise, a second day with the second core and upper exercise along with the lower, and the third day with the third core and upper exercises.

Does that make sense? Or do you recommend doing all the core at once and all the upper at once?

Mikey Cunanan

Hi Michael,

You are free to split your training as you wish to help you achieve the best results. I, for one, like the training split that you have mentioned.

Just keep in mind, the workouts are grouped the way they are so that you can improve your work capacity for each body part.  This will lead to greater overall progress later down the road. 

Ultimately, it is up to you how you choose to schedule your workouts. Why don’t you try out your new training split for a few months and let us know your findings. If you find this works better for you, then keep your training like this.

As long as you are able to track which progression as you do on which day, you should be good.