Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
PE:
iM:
Thanks,
Dan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Dan Schreter, August 26, 2018 · 9 Replies · 89 Views
Would appreciate any feedback and suggestions.
PE:
iM:
Thanks,
Dan
@Alessandro Mainente, tagging you as you suggested. Many thanks for the feedback.
HI Dan, my first impression is that in the PE you need to reposition your right arm because it is placed a bit wider compared to the left. hands must be exactly under the shoulders.
On the IM your left hips have more restriction. one set more for this side could be helpful.
Try to keep your head in the middle of your hands for the scap pushups. In this video it looks like you are leaning more towards your left hand. Try to keep centre.
Hard to see in this video, but having a slight arch in the lower back with help gets those knees lower in the swivel hips.
4 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:hands must be exactly under the shoulders.
Hey @Alessandro Mainente,
In the instructional video, the athlete is shown to have his hands just outside shoulder width. Is this a mistake?
The biggest mistake in your execution is that hands placement is not symmetrical. the suggestion of using the "under the shoulders reference" is for having a symmetrical work that is much more important.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente and @Julian Aldag. Now that you pointed it out, I can clearly see that I'm a-symmetrical in the PE. Will work on it. Regarding the iM, I know I have less ROM on the left, will continue working on that.
I've been working on @Alessandro Mainente and @Julian Aldag's comments in the last two months, would appreciate feedback on my progress.
Also, two questions about the iM:
1. I'm getting my knees to the floor, but my backside comes up a bit from the floor. I noticed this happens in the instructional videos as well, so I was wondering if a very small amount is acceptable.
2. While I get equivalent ROM on both sides, I still feel it's harder for me on the left (originally had less ROM on that side). Is this a problem \ should it stop me from moving on to the next progression?
Thanks!
PE:
iM:
Hey Dan , i still prefer slower execution on both IM and PE for sure. on the IM ideally, the butt should stay on the floor.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente, I'll work on it.