This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Twice a week?

Started by Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson, August 24, 2018 · 5 Replies · 237 Views

Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson

Hey!

 

I know in the front split series, Coach said to limit it to once a week because you'd be too sore and it would inhibit your progress.

The middle split series isn't so muscularly intensive though (it doesn't have the 180 calf raises that the front split does)

Can we do the middle split twice a week?

Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson

@Alessandro Mainente -- Hey man. Any chance you could advise on this?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Crisshaun,

Each stretching course should only be done one time per week. You are welcome to do a light limber before and after your workouts on your other days, but save your hard stretching for the days you are scheduled to do each flexibility course.

Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson
On 8/28/2018 at 1:13 AM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hey Crisshaun,

Each stretching course should only be done one time per week. You are welcome to do a light limber before and after your workouts on your other days, but save your hard stretching for the days you are scheduled to do each flexibility course.

Alrighty. Why is that for the middle split series?

Josh Earl
4 hours ago, Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson said:

Alrighty. Why is that for the middle split series?

When you work these stretch courses hard, you do feel sore for a few days afterward. I’ve been doing Middle Stretch for a year and a half now, and I definitely still feel it in my adductors for a while. I need a week to fully recover. 

Crisshaun Nelson-Jackson
On 8/29/2018 at 5:23 AM, Josh Earl said:

When you work these stretch courses hard, you do feel sore for a few days afterward. I’ve been doing Middle Stretch for a year and a half now, and I definitely still feel it in my adductors for a while. I need a week to fully recover. 

Thank you! You're absolutely right.