This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Substitutions for stallbars?

Started by Anna Mayer, August 21, 2018 · 2 Replies · 150 Views

Anna Mayer

I don't have the space (or need at this point) to install a full set of home stallbars, as some of you have so beautifully done. I'm just looking for a way to keep my feet from flying up during the roll-downs with bungee in the Thoracic Bridge series, as well as a good way to support my extended bridges and bridge pushups. Ideally I'd be able to walk up higher to modulate my back angle, but I'll make do with what I can.

I've tried hooking my feet under the lip of my couch, but it's too sharp and painful, and no other furniture in my house is heavy enough. Putting my feet on the couch seat for the bridges is okay, but pretty squishy and hard to get the right stability.

Thoughts? Brilliant solutions? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

In order to fix your feet under something, you can put a towel under the heels.

 

Anna Mayer

Thank you! Do you mean in between my heels and the couch when I'm prone? Will that work when my heels are on the floor, in a supine position? Or did you mean under my heels when I'm in a supine position, between my heels and the floor?