Pls check form for green light on moving on to PE8.
Thanks!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Leland Riemer, August 21, 2018 · 8 Replies · 126 Views
Pls check form for green light on moving on to PE8.
Thanks!
Hi Leland, couple or reflections for you. I noticed that during the dislocates you are putting both chin and forehead on the ground. you should be able o see your thumbs when you lift the bar at the beginning. if not the neck is too flexed.
the second point regards the asymmetric on the IM, too much difference between the two sides and in fact the bar is not horizontal, is inclined.
now, referring to your handstand seems that your shoulders are not completely opened. I need to ask you to post the mastery of all the previous IM from 1 to 6.
Wow. I love how particular you are!! So rare to find in the fitness world.
Ok, let's start with PE1:
Thanks
HI Leland, thank for your fast response. Actually, your form does not constitute the mastery form.
you need at least 10-15 cm less on both the sides of the grip before moving backward this explains why your handstand does not have fully open shoulders.
Ok. I’ll work on it and repost. Thanks!
Hi @Alessandro Mainente,
I went back to the basics and have been working on mobility. Please comment on mobility drills from step 1 and 2.
Thanks,
Lee
HI Leland, on IM 1 the flexion is ok, now you need to reduce the grip of one hand on both sides. so considering the IM not yet mastered, there is no reason to move on IM2.
Sounds good.
@Alessandro Mainente, what is an acceptable distance between hands?
Also, is there anything else I should be doing to improve? Right now I’m doing 5 sets of 5 reps, 3 times per week, and the Thoracic Bridge series once a week (in addition to the rest of the GST program).
Thanks,
Lee
the correct amount of distance before moving on is shoulder width plus one hand each side. the shoulder width should be measured with hands overhead.
improving here requires time depending on your restriction. how much time? something I cannot know.