This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rest Between Sets & Reps

Started by Carol Fittell, August 18, 2018 · 1 Replies · 212 Views

Carol Fittell

I'm getting into the reps and sets where I'm starting to have difficulty and have some questions regarding what is "mastery", when can you mark "easy" vs "fine", etc. 

1. If you can do all the reps and all the sets but need more rest between sets than is in the videos, do you mark "fine" or "easy"? 

2. If you can do all the reps and all the sets, but need extra rest between the REPS (not coming out of the exercise, just stopping at the top or bottom position longer) should you mark "fine" or "too hard"? 

3. I assume for Step 9 of each progression you want to be able to keep pace before marking "easy", but does that apply to the lower steps? (This is an extension of question 1). 

4. Personal/specific question: I'm on Step 5 of Ground Rows, but realized I've been doing them like in the video not like in the technique tips (hands start behind, not under the rings; shoulders a good distance off the floor, not just above). Doing them like the technique videos feels much harder (especially at the top of the range of motion). Should I go back down to Step 1 and start over with the new setup? Other suggestions? 

Thanks for the advice! 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Carol , I can summarize with one answer, the rest you need is only the necessary for performing the mobility exercise and not more. if you can't perform this way you will adapt. do not use more rest than necessary.

in regards to your question use the technique video as a reference.