This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC Form Check

Started by Jon Thornham, August 15, 2018 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Jon Thornham

I’ve recently noticed a hitch in my pull up that is exaggerated on the rings. I’ve edited together two clips. The first shows a pull up on a straight bar with legs in an L and the hanging. The second shows pulls on rings with a half L sit. The video will show the goofy thing I’m doing at the beginning of the pull up. In the ring video I notice my elbows are all over the place. Any pointers for correcting this before I move on to more advanced RC progressions?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jon, i would not worry too much about your form but i need to do it.

You are showing a decent amount of asymmetrical work..enough to stop doing pulling work for a bit.

now, the first thing is check for a PT and try to understand why you are doing pullup like now.

shoulder imbalances with something weak and something strong is causing the problem and your scapulae are not coordinated, they are moving with a separate rhythm and soon or after you get injured.

Jon Thornham
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Jon, i would not worry too much about your form but i need to do it.

You are showing a decent amount of asymmetrical work..enough to stop doing pulling work for a bit.

now, the first thing is check for a PT and try to understand why you are doing pullup like now.

shoulder imbalances with something weak and something strong is causing the problem and your scapulae are not coordinated, they are moving with a separate rhythm and soon or after you get injured.

Thank you for the reply. I will look into this.