This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pe7 to Pe8 bridging the gap

Started by Michael Miskelly, August 13, 2018 · 6 Replies · 123 Views

Michael Miskelly

Hi guys,

Is anyone else struggling to move from press walks to being able to hold for any time on ½ press one (PE8)? I have tried PE8 from the floor and from paralettes but just can't get any hold time whatsoever in the half press position. Is there and intermediate step I could try? I have been trying to implement straddle press negatives to get a feel for the position.

Thanks

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Michael, can you post a form check of your PE7 and your pike? and 90° legs pancake?

Michael Miskelly

Hi Alessandro,

Yes I will do this next time I am training after warm up and post it up. Standing or sitting pike?

Alessandro Mainente

Standing and also 90° pancake.

 

Michael Miskelly

Hi Alessandro,

I did a quick video of what you were asking for a form check. I was squatting and deadlifting yesterday so I was a bit less flexible than usual in this video!

PHs PE7 check

My flexibility isn't the best but it is so much better than it was before I started this program, I wasn't even able to touch my toes when I started it :lol:

Alessandro Mainente

The answer is quite simple, your compression is the pike is not enough, your upper body must be in contact with the lower body, in the 90° seated pancake you must be able to reach the floor with the upper body.

Michael Miskelly

Thanks Alessandro, I should really have filmed myself first to see how far off I was with my compression.