This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Help on Prioritising Restore Modules

Started by Joe Tipton, August 10, 2018 · 4 Replies · 450 Views

Joe Tipton

Hi,

I would like to understand how to properly prioritise the restore series.

I can achieve most of the described tests, but know that I still have some pretty big problem areas, especially in my knees (affecting patellar tendon and interior knee pain).

How do I work out my imbalances and decide which of the four lower body restore modules is the most needed? Seeing as realistically I don’t have the time or commitment to stick to doing each module every day.

My limited research tells me that just doing the knee/ankle series might not target the root of the problem.

For this reason, it would be really helpful if you also included a funtionality test video alongside the series that guides us through the tests (ensuring correct form) and making it easier to find problem areas (by knowing what to look for) and suggested the series or two most suited to correcting these problem areas.

Thanks,

Joe

Alessandro Mainente

HI Joe, you should work where you feel limitation. my question is now concerned about the problems you have previously mentioned, what is the cause of these problems? how did you cause the problem?

Joe Tipton

Hi Alessandro,

I had reasonably severe patellar tendonitis (both knees although more so on the left) and although it's okay the moment, it has gone and come back over the last few years.

I guess the question I wanted to ask was, if we have multiple limitations or are not astute enough to understand what our limitations are, how do we work out which restore series modules will be most beneficial?

Alessandro Mainente

The priority should be a daily work at least for the weak / tight joints at least. restore is a work that can be done frequently.

Cory Fair
On 8/10/2018 at 11:04 AM, Joe Tipton said:

Hi,

I would like to understand how to properly prioritise the restore series.

I can achieve most of the described tests, but know that I still have some pretty big problem areas, especially in my knees (affecting patellar tendon and interior knee pain).

How do I work out my imbalances and decide which of the four lower body restore modules is the most needed? Seeing as realistically I don’t have the time or commitment to stick to doing each module every day.

My limited research tells me that just doing the knee/ankle series might not target the root of the problem.

For this reason, it would be really helpful if you also included a funtionality test video alongside the series that guides us through the tests (ensuring correct form) and making it easier to find problem areas (by knowing what to look for) and suggested the series or two most suited to correcting these problem areas.

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

The Ankle/Knee series starting at #9 (8:00 mark) contains some knee progressions that have been scaled from the Foundation courses. Tendons are much slower to heal than muscle so it will be a patience game. With the patellar tendon, however, it's not unusual to have the issue stem from where the tendon connects to the bone so your individual situation may require a couple manual therapy sessions on the periosteum. A qualified therapist here will speed recovery by leaps and bounce.

If all other aspects of your lower body mobility are roughly equal, I would prioritize the hip and hamstring videos first. These will set you up for success with the Middle Split and Front Split Stretch Series.