This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HPB and RC PE2 Form Check + Advice/Motivation

Started by David Robbins II, August 9, 2018 · 4 Replies · 174 Views

David Robbins II

I've been more or less stuck on these two progressions for something like 10 months. Do I need to fix something, or just be more patient?

I train both once a week.

For the pushups, over the 10 months I've been on this progression I've gone from not being able to complete 5x6 to being able to finish 4x15, but only on a good day and not at pace with the videos.

I initially could only do about three of the ground rows, but can now do 4x6 without too much trouble. Even doing a single set of 9 is still very challenging, especially the last two reps. On the last reps I just can't get my thumbs to my chest; I can get within two inches and then can't budge them.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi David, for the pushup be sure of protracting the scapulae at the end of every reps before beginning another exercise.

For the row seems that you are falling into the bottom position. notice that you should control the descent part.

David Robbins II
On 9/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi David, for the pushup be sure of protracting the scapulae at the end of every reps before beginning another exercise.

For the row seems that you are falling into the bottom position. notice that you should control the descent part.

Thanks Alessandro. I do try to protract at the top but could probably be more consistent. Is it meant to be a maximal protraction?

As for the rows, I’ll slow the descent and ensure I don’t drop that last little bit. Am I right that the shoulders should not protract for that exercise?

Alessandro Mainente
On 10/8/2018 at 12:11 AM, David Robbins II said:

Thanks Alessandro. I do try to protract at the top but could probably be more consistent. Is it meant to be a maximal protraction?

As for the rows, I’ll slow the descent and ensure I don’t drop that last little bit. Am I right that the shoulders should not protract for that exercise?

not completely protracted, you should be able to relax the pec minor.

at the bottom of the row you should hold the shoulders in a neutral position with the depression.

Erlend Hunstad 158922

David, the RC took me 4 months to go from 9 reps to 12. I then had to push the “to hard smily” and go back, cause it was just to hard. Stayed a long time on it, and last Tuesday! I moved on to 4x12!!! Seriously felt so proud! 

Think it took me about 9montha + 

mosth other Fundations, I am on F2 or close to. Rope climbed was the weakest link for me. 

Keep it up