This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

F1 sPL PE2/iM form check

Started by Marko Sekulic, August 4, 2018 · 22 Replies · 194 Views

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente can you check this one too?

Alessandro Mainente

hey MArko, the light it is not the best. Can I ask you to to film the IM also from the back?

Alessandro Mainente

IM, when you move one leg to the side in a straight out position you tend to move outer the bent leg. this is a common compensation. the other leg should stay firmly in contact with the chair.

Marko Sekulic

Okey, I will work on that.

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Marko, PE seems ok. on the IM notice how one leg moves out, the other one must be held in place, no rotation, no movement.this is the biggest correction that you need.

Marko Sekulic

Okey, I will work on that...

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

HI marko, the form is controlled but legs together in between reps is better.

Marko Sekulic

I will fix that. 

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Well , feet is too high. it should reach hips level.

Marko Sekulic

You mean, when I extend the leg?

Or when the feet are together, In begining position?

Thanks, I will keep working on this anyway, there is still too much grind in the reps...

Alessandro Mainente

Hei Marko stop at 30'', notice how your feet raise above the hips level, this means that the hip is extended early compared to the knee extension. hip extension and knee extension must begin together and finish together.

Marko Sekulic

Yes, I saw it...ok I will continue working on this. Thanks.

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

Is it a little bit better now?

https://youtu.be/VhtP_iVLP1Q

I dont know why, but doing this exercise with right leg is hard, while doing it with left leg is almost effortless...probably some of my huge imbalances.

Alessandro Mainente

now is ok, probably your right leg quads and generally hips flexor are tight and the hip extensors muscles are a bit weak.

Marko Sekulic

Hi @Alessandro Mainente,

Here is one set from todays training.

https://youtu.be/u7a88JD3Dg8

Should I move forward now?

Also, I have one question not really related to this progression...

Can too much stretching (everyday stretching of muscles that are not really tight) without strengthening (only 3 times per week doing strength exercises for those muscles) weaken the muscles or stoping/slowing them down to become stronger?

Alessandro Mainente

Generally speaking, it depends on the methodology of stretching. if the methodology involves muscle contraction like PNF then probably you can lose strength.

Marko Sekulic

Nope, I use just passive stretching after training, but it is good to know for the PNF... 

Thank you.