This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stall bar alternatives and sore muscles

Started by Jade Theriault, August 4, 2018 · 2 Replies · 121 Views

Jade Theriault

I find I cant get far into the bridge series because I have no access to a gym with stall bars, I'm wondering if any home gym fanatics have come up with a cheap and easy alternative. This series also makes my triceps and mid back very sore for the next 4 or 5 days, is this normal to start? Or is there a more easy way to go up and out of the bridge without using so much tricep?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jade, the specific bridge work stress a lot triceps and shoulder due to elbows extension and some shoulder flexion when you begin the bridge. before moving out of the bridge you can move the hands wider, in this way you assist more the exit with the shoulder.

Jade Theriault

Great tip, I cant believe I didnt think of that. Thanks.