straddle press handstand in Ninja Assassin

Started by Samuel Carr, April 19, 2010 · 10 Replies · 6,574 Views

Samuel Carr

Saw this movie last week and everyone i saw it with was amazed by the straddle press handstand followed by some headstand push ups in the beginning of this clip. However, his hips were definitely not aligned before he brought his legs up and his arms were partially bent. At the same time tho, it almost looks like a straddle planche press handstand..... Do you guys think it's just a bad straddle press hs, or is it close to a sstraddle planche press hs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M_VZ2TdIgk

Neal Winkler

Give the guy a break, he was doing it on nails!

phken4343

I haven't watched the movie yet, but after watching that clip, now I really want to watch it! That's freaking insane!

Richard Duelley

Sadly they used cables in the scene :wink:

Marcelo Lara
niftyvt said:
Sadly they used cables in the scene :wink:

...and deception comes to me

Ryan Libke

I use two beds of nails when I do my hand stand work, one for each respective hand, spaced so that there are no nails underneath my face. That way, you can get more range of motion on the handstand push-ups. What I really need is a big bed of nails, with longer nails right where my hands are, so there is that whole cool ninja do or die motivation, with a full range of motion. This training would be followed by a session of jumping about the living room with sharp objects, and a flash back or two about my severe childhood training.

Samuel Carr

They used cables? That sucks. So even tho he looks really strong, he still cant do basic gymnastics moves :)

Richard Duelley

You can see the cable set up and some of his training in this video :mrgreen: He trained like a MADMAN for this role and it shows! There are before and after pictures in this video as well.

_qeshiRGxwM

Sternford

I will excuse the cable because they probably had a strict schedule to follow. Probably didn't have enough time to actually get it.

[edit]Nevermind, 6 months is enough time. I thought the video ended after the logo came up near the beginning.

Rafael David

he dont do static holds in your training = impossible do this = he needed help to do this scene hehe 8)

Rafael David

but he keeps in shape anyway :D