This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lizard

Started by Saquib Rahman, August 1, 2018 · 4 Replies · 63 Views

Saquib Rahman

I thought I had decent core strength but I can't even get into the position in the beginner version without just falling to the ground!

No matter how much I contract the core, I still feel too much of my body's weight on my shoulders and can't maintain the position.

I tried isometrically pushing from my legs to give me extra leverage off the floor but still as soon as I start getting into position, I drop to the floor. I know I shouldn't be pushing through my legs either since I am supposed to be limber and these exercises are more about mobility than strength.

 

Any advice? :/

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Saquib can you post your execution please?

Saquib Rahman

Hi Alessandro,

Really sorry for the delay. Was too lazy to workout after constant work and classes, need to work on my consistency. Just finished moving to a new place so I couldn't get the phone set up anywhere good enough to catch the full movement (unpacked stuff everywhere!).

Here is my attempt tonight. I couldn't drop my body any lower, I already felt like falling (weak core and too much extra flab still!!! plus the quads make my stomach pop out even more). 

Youtube link: 

 

Alessandro Mainente

probably is a matter of strength, do not worry too much about that. it is a diagnostic tool for understanding the necessity of pushing strength.

Saquib Rahman

Understood. It is such a big difference holding my bodyweight with bent arms (pushups) and a straight arm forward like in the lizard, I am wayyyyy weaker than I thought. Thanks for your time :)