This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thrive level 1 journey

Started by Erlend Hunstad 158922, July 31, 2018 · 0 Replies · 146 Views

Erlend Hunstad 158922

This has been emotional,

I have to admit that I sometimes was thinking that this was a bit "to easy" and "cliche", like first task "Water", and I am actually a clinical psychologist, with training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
As usually, I still got surprised by the idea of Thrive. This actually was a great example of how knowledge in one domain did not get transferred into others. By forcing me to actually do the tasks before getting a new one, I actually did build new habits. This might seem so mundane, that you want it to be irrelevant, but it is the hard part. 
I also loved that there was really brief explanations with more focus on "to do" not "what to do". 

My 3 biggest learning points where
1) Water
2) Raw vegetables at lunch
3) Using the hands for portion size.  

The water just kicked out most of my other beverages, and I suddenly just felt less ned of stuff. So this actually was the biggest change. I also found that just focusing on the "to do" kind of eliminated the stuff I "should not do". Basically, this is also what I do in my clinical practice, but being human, my cognitive dissonance kicked-in in my own life, and I had to have a program to work with.

My story so far

 

Cheers