I've been squinting at the technique videos in the official workouts and scouring the form checks here on the boards to see if my questions have been answered, but I'm still confused.
Basically, how much retraction is involved in both of these movements? I'm assuming there is the most retraction on RC PE1, but is it total retraction (touching your shoulder blades together) like in scap shrugs?
And how much retraction is there in HBP PE1? Reading the comments on the form check board, it looks like there is some... or, at least, the scapula return to a neutral position at the bottom. But in the technique video, that guy's shoulders do not move a millimetre (at least to my untrained eye) and it looks as if they're full protracted throughout the entire range of the push-up.
And, just for clarification, in both movements the scapula are maximally protracted at the fully extended position and always fully depressed throughout the entire movements, correct?
Thanks in advance,
Jay