This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

too stiff to start?

Started by PAUL DALY, July 24, 2018 · 7 Replies · 286 Views

PAUL DALY

I'm sure i'm not the first to ask this.

I tried the stretch series a while back and was just so stiff I couldn't do anything that even approximately resembled the movements shown.

I took some time and just worked on my own sort of remedial stretching program. I'm certain I made some progress but. . . 

now that I've come back to the series, and particularly middle split, I still feel like I can't do anything even close to what's on the videos.

My thought is to just soldier on, doing my best to replicate. 

Any better suggestions?

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Paul , the new our GB REstore course is the solution for you, they are thought for people who are struggling too much with the exercises of stretch series.

PAUL DALY

thanks. maybe I'll try the 7 day trial. (tbh $30 a month is out of my price range! I'm sure it is worth it, I just can't swing that!)

Leigh Kettle

Paul

please don’t get disheartened

i was exactly like this at the start (Oct 2016)

its so important to keep plugging away at the series and not quit it altogether- even micro progress is still progress and believe me after a year you’ll be amazed at what progress you actually make  by doing the series once a week 

I know you have the coaches who of course should always come first as they are the experts but if I can help in anyway I will - I may be able to help with a fresh perspective on things as because I have recently been in your situation I may be able to give tips on things you can do to get started 

best of luck 

Leigh 

Javier Madrigal

I'm in the same boat as you are. Can't even hold for the desire amount of time. Anyone knows If I should keep trying until I can hold long enough or should I do something else? 

Alessandro Mainente
7 hours ago, Javier Madrigal said:

I'm in the same boat as you are. Can't even hold for the desire amount of time. Anyone knows If I should keep trying until I can hold long enough or should I do something else? 

have you already tried the scaled variations proposed in the course library section?

Javier Madrigal
On 8/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

have you already tried the scaled variations proposed in the course library section?

I have. I'm actually thinking that maybe i should do the restore videos first. I just don't know when should i do each one. Daily?  All of them? Twice a week? I also read in another topic that someone suggested to just do the first 10 minutes of each of the stretch series. I don't know if that would work too.

Alessandro Mainente

IN this case, you should aim for restore series momentary.

The REstore could be done daily and probably multiple times a day.