This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Open Front Lever Bent Single Leg

Started by Christopher Denzer, July 23, 2018 · 2 Replies · 70 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi Forum!

I don't have parallel bars. Are these better done on rings or a straight bar?

Nick Murray

Not that I'm officially up to this yet, though have tried it a few times (don't we all??)

Straight bar is more stable and helps you concentrate on form. The safety bar on a power rack is ideal for this.

I do have parallel bars, and I find the hand position a bit challenging if the bars are set too wide.

Rings are less stable, but this is the end-game. So straight bar until you're rock solid, then sort out the wobbles on rings :)

Well, maybe short ring straps first, then long ring straps. My home setup only has short ring straps, but I'll never forget my first experience on an actual ring tower.

I felt less stable than a jelly on a kangaroo in a tumble dryer in an earthquake zone.

Alessandro Mainente
11 hours ago, Christopher Denzer said:

Hi Forum!

I don't have parallel bars. Are these better done on rings or a straight bar?

Notice that all my clients for a matter of necessity have performed this exercise on single bar...they have still reached the front lever.