This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Training schedule

Started by Eloy Bote, July 23, 2018 · 8 Replies · 124 Views

Eloy Bote

Hi guys,

I'm new in the community so a little introducion! I purchased this program because I am pretty advanced in GST but I like to accomplish press HS. I'm not a newby, I can do weighted pull ups (30kg) , weighted dips on parallels (40kg), so my upper body is pretty strong. I can hold a nice HS for 1 minute long. I started tumbling one year ago and I'm struggling with that haha but I can do running punch front tuck and working in pike and half twist, the back tuck I only do it in the pit.

Oh and I'm pretty flexible too, I can do full pancake split with chest and stomach to ground and even close the legs to my back. My pike is not chest to the knees but I'm getting there, honestly I'm afraid of pushing too hard because of past injuries I want to be safe.

And now the question. How to schedule the training program? I only see two exercises with but I don't know if I have to train every other day or every day...

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Eloy, a 2 days a week programming is a good solution, meanwhile post here your handstand so that I can give you a decent evaluation.

Eloy Bote
13 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Eloy, a 2 days a week programming is a good solution, meanwhile post here your handstand so that I can give you a decent evaluation.

This HS is from today 8:00 AM, not my best attempt haha I can open my armpits a bit more but yes I'm working on my bridge for that (too many hours of desktop work... ).

And this is my pancake split, not bad for a 38 yo oldie like me.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Eloy, seems that your shoulders are not completely opened. in order to check if it is a problem of mobility or technical you need to check mobility first, then i'm gonna ask you :

-can you do a floor bridge?

-can you do this exercise slowly with all your back in contact with the wall? 

if you cannot probably you need to work on shoulders mobility.

 

Eloy Bote
2 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hi Eloy, seems that your shoulders are not completely opened. in order to check if it is a problem of mobility or technical you need to check mobility first, then i'm gonna ask you :

-can you do a floor bridge?

-can you do this exercise slowly with all your back in contact with the wall? 

if you cannot probably you need to work on shoulders mobility.

 

Oh wall slides I can't do that. With some heavy warm up I'm close but not that close as that guy. I can do a bridge from the ground buy my arms are not locked, I need to elevate my feet in the stall bars for that. There are a lot of positions to achieve and I'm sorry but I can't work hard on all at the same time, I train the shoulders mobility 3 times a week with skin the cat, bridge, shoulder dislocation/inlocation with a stick, and stretch laying on a bench with the back flat and pulling a stick as far as I can overhead. I know a lot of exercises but the problem is the focus and the lack of time. At least I have improved a lot since I started, I like to go slowly but surely :)

Alessandro Mainente

This means that you need to work on the shoulder mobility . for now you can still work on the beginning element of HS2 until PE7-8. then well free handstand exercises are involved you NEED an open shoulder handstand.

Will skin the cat you cannot reach the full flexion because you are working on an extension of the shoulder girdle. with dislocates you are doing an active work that is limited to the passive range of motion available. for now, bridge should be the best focus. the thoracic bridge series is pretty useful here.

Eloy Bote

I will focus on bridge then. But I think my main issue with that is the shoulder rotation. My internal rotation is ok, I can actively turn my arm past the back, but when I switch to external rotation I can't barely reach my hand to shoulder level!

Thank you very much for your support Alessandro, I will work hard on this.

Alessandro Mainente
5 hours ago, Eloy Bote said:

I will focus on bridge then. But I think my main issue with that is the shoulder rotation. My internal rotation is ok, I can actively turn my arm past the back, but when I switch to external rotation I can't barely reach my hand to shoulder level!

Thank you very much for your support Alessandro, I will work hard on this.

this is normal, there is only one muscle that provides the full flexion with an external rotation that is the serratus anterior.

Eloy Bote

Thank you Alessandro I will try to open my shoulders by my own and if I don't see improvements I will go for thoracic bridge course.