This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/SE4 Hand Placement

Started by Jeremy Hay, July 19, 2018 · 3 Replies · 64 Views

Jeremy Hay

Hey, guys. So, I have been working on the beginning stages of the straddle Planche, and I find that the most comfortable position is for my fingers to face backwards-putting more strain on the biceps rather than my wrists. Would it be detrimental if I did NOT train with my fingers forward, or should I just be diligent, and trying with the fingers forward to develop more wrist strength? Thanks for your response, in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jeremy absolutely never work with fingers backward if you have not already completed foundations 4 for planche and began the rings course.

The best solution is fingers pointed out of 45° or turned to the side of 90°.

Jeremy Hay

Thank you for your speedy response. I am beginning to understand why people wonder if you sleep, haha. I guess this is to prevent too much strain on under-developed tendons in the elbow?

 

Alessandro Mainente

too much strain....i would say tendon tear. here in italy i have al least 4 friends who approached prematurely supine planche...now they got bicep tendon surgery.