This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pelvic Tilts Movement

Started by Dominic Laporte, July 18, 2018 · 4 Replies · 185 Views

Dominic Laporte

Hi,

I struggle maintaining a proper pelvic tilt in many movement. As seen in another post, I start working on the mobility exercice frmm HS1 PE10. Do you have advice of on how to increase my range of motion? My strenght while maintaining a PPT? While maintaining a PPT, should I be doing an effort to maintain the position or not really? Is there more exercices I can do on a daily basis? 

 

How does my form look in the video? I think my lower back raise a lot and my quad too.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Dominic, actually your doing both a PPT and piked hips. if you apply correctly the PPT you should be able to reverse the hips position without increasing too much space under your belly. possible causes can be psoas and quads too tight.

Dominic Laporte

His my form alright for the psoas release from MarkCollin? Is it fine if I do the exercice while doing mindfulness in the morning? Is there more exercice I can do to release the psoas?Screenshot_2018-07-19-22-07-09.thumb.png.98e59b24c46d053d05834792065bbd05.png
Screenshot_2018-07-19-22-07-20.thumb.png.f1190f2de7e55af02e04112c1dcaa475.png

Screenshot_2018-07-19-22-06-35.png

Federico Pregnolato

Hi Dominic,

I suggest you to start doing the Front Split class (if you are not currently doing it). Also, working on bridge positions help opening the quads to gain the mobility necessary to successfully PPT. The thoracic bridge class will work well together with the FS one. 

However, it is matter of practice and awareness. I realized that sometimes we just need to figure out how to use the muscles and flexibility that we already have. Keep working and the results will come.