This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson curl - Form check

Started by Marko Sekulic, July 18, 2018 · 8 Replies · 149 Views

Marko Sekulic

Hi guys,

I am not quite sure if I understood this movement right, so if someone can analise this?

Here I am working with 19kg. This was 1st set, so...thats why range of motion sucks. :D

Thanks,

Marko.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEinIXTx1rw&t=63s

 

Alessandro Mainente

The common mistake that is also presented in this execution is the bar position. for a better and safe position you must hold the bar in contact with the body, only for passing over the feet you can move away the bar.

Alessandro Mainente

YES!

Marko Sekulic

Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

you're welcome!

Marko Sekulic

Hey @Alessandro Mainente,

I have one question about this one...Can you tell me please what is the difference between normal Jefferson curl and Straddle Jefferson curl?

If normal one builds you active flexiblity in pike position does straddle one can help with my pancake mobility?

And should I do them along side my normal JCs? Alternate days of basic one and straddle one?

Or should I focus only on normal one for now?

Thanks. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Straddle JC is a bit more advanced since it requires more hips mobility in order to avoid the sciatic problem. so first master the JC, then restore hips mobility, then ad straddle JC.

Marko Sekulic

Okey...thanks.