This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Order of elements in a workout

Started by Dan Schreter, July 18, 2018 · 6 Replies · 311 Views

Dan Schreter

Hi, 

When doing the core and upper body workouts, I've always done all elements on the same day, one after the other, in the order presented on the course page.

I reach the last element somewhat tired, and progress slower with it. There are steps that I can preform in terms of volume and technique, but not tempo, but if I do them separately, I can reach the required tempo as well.

Is the order intentional, so the last element should be trained when more tired? I've noticed that in some cases people asked about separating the workout into several days and were told it's ok. If this is the case, when  doing all three on the same day, should I rotate the order between them? Or should I measure readiness to move on to the next step (and\or achieve mastery) when "fresh"?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Dan my suggestion is looking for elements where you can progress easily and put them temporarily as second. move first the element where you tend to progress slowly. only for a couple of weeks. then step back to normal schedule.

Dan Schreter

Will do. Thanks!

Leon Clough

Dan,

ive experienced this also in the three years or so I’ve been hanging in F1, and I got to the point where doing it in order, all on the same day, was too much, and limited my other components for several days. When I split it up and mixed the order based on available equipment (travel), it started working better for me. Just my 2 cents but I think as long as you’re driving forward and challenging the order shouldn’t matter. In favtC I’d say that coming into a movement with fresh shoulder or core is better than barely making it through and risking poor form, thusly poor neurological adaptation for the movement.

Leon

Coach Sommer

Exercise order doesn’t matter in the slightest, however be systematic in your approach to reorganizing.  In plain English, stay with a particular order for at least 3 weeks, before reorganizing again.  In time you will find an order that works well for you and your body.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Alessandro Mainente
14 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Exercise order doesn’t matter in the slightest, however be systematic in your approach to reorganizing.  In plain English, stay with a particular order for at least 3 weeks, before reorganizing again.  In time you will find an order that works well for you and your body.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

2

this part is pretty interesting!!

Dan Schreter

Thanks coach and Alessandro!