This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Abductor Tear - Grade 2

Started by Gregory Moore, July 17, 2018 · 4 Replies · 99 Views

Gregory Moore

Hi - Does anyone have experience recovering from a Grade two abductor magnus tear ?  Its only on the muscle and not where the muscle meets the bone luckily.  It happened while doing a weighted Pancake stretch.  Realistically i didn't warm up enough before trying to push the stretch too deep. 

I dont see any issues maintaining my foundation/handstand training but altering any thing that would aggravate the injury.  

I am curious if anyone has recent experience with this injury and have any recommendations?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Gregory, sorry but I've never heard about the abductor Magnus. also in the pancake, the abductors are shortened and not elongated.

Antonio Alías Montoya

:lol: I guess Gregory means ADDUCTOR magnus...

Alessandro Mainente

ok. well. strain means FIRST weak muscles. my personal suggestion is healing from the problem, work up with a specific strength training program so that the rest of the tight muscles can compensate for the lost fibers. then move back to stretch course...sloooowly.

Gregory Moore

Yes pardon my spelling. Adductor!