This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Problem with swivel hips

Started by Christopher Mair, July 16, 2018 · 1 Replies · 176 Views

Christopher Mair

Hi guys

I'm having trouble with the swivel hips, I was making good progress and really felt a deep stretch inside my bum/Hips. However, I came across the tagged swivel hips thread in the foundstion 1 part of the forum. It said to arch your back; up until this point I had been rounding my back during swivel hips. When I arch my back the stretch moves out of my hips/bum and I only feel tension or grinding in the front of my hips (hip flexor area) and pain in the inside of my knees. 

Has anyone experienced a similar problem or know where I might be going wrong?

Thanks everyone

Chris.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Christhopher, the sensation that you are having now is correct. it is a long-term anterior capsule mobilization and it is necessary, for example, to compress correctly the leg into the chest in the future planche elements.