This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Trouble Transitioning from MN/SE14 to MN/SE15

Started by Jeremy Hay, July 13, 2018 · 8 Replies · 222 Views

Jeremy Hay

So, I am nearing mastery of SE14, beginning sets of 30 seconds. However, when I play around, I cannot manage to budge the elevation at all required for MN/SE15. If I put my hands backwards, like in the demonstration, I can barely even get my butt off the ground....Any tips on transitioning?

Alessandro Mainente

hi Jeremy, you can try it on the pbars but you cannot twist the hands backward. or you can try to stay on the fingers.

Jeremy Hay

I will play around with those two suggestions, and see if they help. Thank you.

Nick Murray

...or two plyo boxes - the flat surfaces let your hands articular backwards.

As I'm still on PE2, I just tried this for giggles. Nope. Epic fail! Much respect Jeremy for getting this far!

Jeremy Hay

Manna Press Attempt

 

This is where I am at, so far. I started using a couple stools, put my hands backwards with strongly retracted shoulders, and let my legs hang. Now putting my hands backwards on the floor, it is tremendously harder to push now that the chest and lats can help so little. Any tips from here? I realize my legs are not straddled, but I cannot even budge an inch without my knees bent like in the video.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jeremy probably the video is private, you need to set in on "unlisted".

Jeremy Hay

Thank you, Alessandro. I just fixed the link. It is now set as unlisted, and you should be able to view it.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jeremy, your legs are always touching your hips, this is a problem that maybe is due to lack of proficiency on the previous elements.

i need to ask you to show the mastery of SE13 and SE14.

Jeremy Hay

Got it. I'll get a video of that asap. Thanks.