I tried out the restore classes this week and really enjoy them as an addition to Foundations and Stretch. My question is, how often should these be done? (each one and/or all together)
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
How to integrate into training
Started by Corinna Maggy, July 12, 2018 · 10 Replies · 716 Views
Hi Corinna, consider the REstore series as a daily limbering routine. sp basically Restore is most useful done daily for the areas you are having trouble in.
Perfect!!! Thank you!
@Alessandro Mainente Would you say that the Restore course (Shoulder, Scaps, and Thoracic) could be done instead of the Thoracic Bridge series? i.e. If someone has been having trouble completing the exercises in thoracic bridge, would it be appropriate to focus on just the three restore series (say, 2–3 times a week each) and then re-attempting the thoracic series every month or so to see if it’s become achievable?
i would say that if you are struggling in all the exercises on the major part of them at the point that you cannot perform the scaled variations maybe focusing more for now on the restore is better.
Got it. Thanks!
Should the restore series be done as a separate session or can I use them as a warm-up before foundation? Thanks!
The REstore should be done separately, for the foundations work after a general warm up , the already mastered elements must be used as a warm up.
I too have a few issues with my shoulder, and lower back and can only complete roughly the first half of the thoracic stretch series. I tried the thoracic and shoulder restore yesterday, and they were very challenging, but felt great. (My right shoulder is so tight that I could not properly perform many of the exercises in the shoulder restore program just yet.) I'm going to add the scapula restore today and see how that feels, just in case it helps with my shoulder issues. If it does, then I'll be doing all 3 of the restore programs every day. So, along with the daily limber, thats about 40 minutes before I do my workout according to coach's recommended schedule. Seems like a lot, but I'm desperate to make progress and heal...
Is it too much to do those 6 days a week? Or is it more the merrier?
@Adam Johnson Restore is intended to be done daily on those problem areas. The best way to approach it is by only going to the point of first resistance in a stretch or exercise. It's tempting when stretching to go as far as you can into a range of motion, but our end goal is to restore normal ROM and not train new ROM. I would say that you are tight with Shoulder Restore to hold off on Thoracic stretch for the time being. Prioritize becoming mobile via Restore and Fundamentals and Foundation One PE1s if it doesn't put you into overtraining.
Fantastic. I'll keep on it.
Thanks