First attempt at these.
Strength wise they felt doable. Got 5x5 but I know my form could be better.
Let me know any errors you see.
And I included my fail on the second rep. Lost my balance and got too far behind the bar.
Thanks in advanced!
Ryan
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Ryan Segervall, July 11, 2018 · 4 Replies · 90 Views
First attempt at these.
Strength wise they felt doable. Got 5x5 but I know my form could be better.
Let me know any errors you see.
And I included my fail on the second rep. Lost my balance and got too far behind the bar.
Thanks in advanced!
Ryan
The 17 seconds attempt is the best one. strive to make all the reps like this one.
Couple of things. +Alessandro's comments.
1. Try to keep your elbows closer to your side. This focuses more on triceps than on pecs. It's also a lot harder, but when you get to Russian dips, you'll thank me. Well, you'll hate me and thank me
10-second eccentrics on these just kill...
2. Without shoes it's easier, and your can point your toes more. However your gym may have rules regarding keeping shoes on. It's just more weight to lift
3. Keep your chin tucked. At the bottom of the movement - where you're giving it everything! - you're tensing up your neck and face a lot. Do dips with your arms, not your neck
(It's a very common way of generating tension, but uses more energy than you need to).
Here are two sets from my previous workout.
I played around with different elbow positions. Let me know which set looks best.
Thanks!
Hey Ryan, elbows a bit backward is better and more safe for the execution.