Hello,
My primary goal right now is to do headstand pushups, against a wall because I can't hold an unsupported handstand. I'm getting closer but haven't made much progress for a while so I wanted your opinions.
Right now, I can hold a wall handstand for about a minute. I can also lower about halfway and hold that position for several seconds. It seems to be the bottom half of the movement that I'm struggling with.
There seem to be several ways to work on it. I've been doing slow negatives and trying to pause a couple of times on the way down. I also sometimes do partial reps and I do some pike pushups on Saturday. Coach Summer mentioned the value of just holding handstands but isn't that kind of an isometric exercise that works the range that I'm already strongest in? What about doing some military presses with weights to supplement the holding handstands?
Does anyone have any suggestions? How many days per week would be optimal? What other presses could I work that won't interfere with headstand pushups training, maybe dips?
Thanks