This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

elevated planche bounce question

Started by PAUL DALY, July 10, 2018 · 2 Replies · 124 Views

PAUL DALY

What's the mechanism for achieving the bounce? 

I just tried it for the first time and felt that it was my ankles doing the bulk of the work. I think I basically dorsiflexing feet quickly to achieve lift off.

I definitely had a bias toward my right foot, no surprise as I'm righty. My left foot had already cleared the bench while my right was still finishing its push off. 

Any suggestions on evening that out? 

This is the first really dynamic exercise in this series that I've performed so it's a bit of a switch!

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Paul , the major work should be done by the glutes plus the ankles. if you perform the bounce and the hips are piked then there is no glute work. you can of course post a video.

PAUL DALY

got it thanks. my hips aren't piked but I don't think my glutes are fully engaged. let me play with it a bit first then i'll post.