This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE7 formcheck

Started by Petra Kmecová, July 5, 2018 · 3 Replies · 98 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi forum,

Can I get some feedback on this, please... 

Thanks. 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey PEtra, as this stage focus on staying away from the wall. you should be able to trace a single straight line from wrists to hips.

one common mistake is the tendency of "falling into the wall". in order to check for it push a bit away with the instep and see what's happening, if you can hold the balance then the form is ok, if you fall into the wall then hips and shoulders are not stacked correctly.

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente.

Just to be clear... By "staying away from the wall"... Do you mean that nothing except my feet should be touching the wall? 

When I perform this exercise, I'm consciously trying not to fall into the wall. I'm pressing hard to the floor with my hands and I'm lenghthening my body while engaging core. Only recently I've dared to learn how to bail out from the overbalanced handstand, so when I try to pull the toes from the wall, I sometimes balance for a second or two,... But very inconsistently :-(. But. Most of the time, I'm falling away from the wall, not back into it. 

Alessandro Mainente

yes, only the feet should touch the wall especially if your hips are shoulder are stacked over the wrists.