This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bullgarian Row question

Started by PAUL DALY, July 3, 2018 · 4 Replies · 163 Views

PAUL DALY

I was just looking down the road a bit. I'm still on ground rows (step 4, 4x9).

Elevated ground rows seem more challenging in a very obvious way. 

But the Bulgarian rows, with the limited range of motion, actually seem easier than the elevated ground row to me. It looks easier to stop at that 90 degree angle than to pull all the way through the ROM and have the hands at the armpits.

Curious to know what I"m missing. Obviously largely an academic question for me at this point. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Paul, the major problem is the speed you can use in the Bulgarian row.  you can try to show an attempt filmed from the back and from the side and i'll tell you if they are correct.

Jennifer Marie

Hi Paul, I peek ahead too. I suspect the elbow/shoulder angle makes this movement more difficult.

Alessandro, am I understanding the difference between the two movements correctly? It looks like the athlete has his elbows flared away from the torso  for the Bulgarian row, but keeps the elbows closer to the rib cage for the elevated row.

 

Alessandro Mainente
4 hours ago, Jennifer Marie said:

Hi Paul, I peek ahead too. I suspect the elbow/shoulder angle makes this movement more difficult.

Alessandro, am I understanding the difference between the two movements correctly? It looks like the athlete has his elbows flared away from the torso  for the Bulgarian row, but keeps the elbows closer to the rib cage for the elevated row.

 

Got it. also the primary goal is not pulling the chest put pulling to the side with both lats, posterior delt and tricep holding the elbows at 90°.

Jennifer Marie

Thanks!