Hey everyone!
I'm about to beging my stretching journey, but there is something I'd like to ask first. When is the best time to stretch? I workout legs twice per week, so I could stretch right after those workouts if that's more beneficial. Or I could do it in the evening. I don't think this was adressed in the course, and I don't know how much it matters, but when would you say is the most beneficial for us to do it? After working out, in the evenings, or some other time? Also, does it matter on which days we do the stretching workouts/how much time we take in between them? What I mean is, I could either do Front split on Monday, middle on Tuesday, Bridge on Wednesday, and then rest until Monday, or just do Front Monday Middle Wednesday and bridge Friday. Is there a difference? I don't know if this matters at all, but I didn't see it answered so I'm wondering what one of the coaches thinks about this.
Thanks for the help!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
When to stretch?
Started by Milena Golob, June 28, 2018 · 5 Replies · 200 Views
Hi MIlena, for the stretch series the best solution is once a week in a separate day. it can be too much for your SNC using the stretch series in the same day as the training.
Also, consider the day after the stretch work you can feel a reduction of the range of motion you have previously explored with the stretch series. this means that, for example, doing handstand work the day after the TB series is not the best solution.
Hi Alessandro, thanks for your response!
So if I understand you correctly, you not only advise me not to stretch on the same day as my training, but also to do all three stretches in the same day? What about morning vs. evening; does it matter at all when I stretch during the day? I think I've heard elsewhere evenings are better before.
Thanks!
Nope, I suggest to organize them so that the following day is a light training day. The best idea is around 6 o 'clock in the evening.
Hi,
I'm sorry, I phrased it wrong. I know I'm not supposed to stretch on the same day as my training. But do you recommend to do all 3 stretches in the same day or to split them up?
Hey Milena,
Great question. Definitely split them up. You'll get more out of each series if you space them out each week.