Embarrassing planche video

Started by Animalonfire, April 16, 2010 · 7 Replies · 3,628 Views

Animalonfire

irhfAsOtIRk

On a straddle or below? This should crush your self esteem. :shock: Incredible and enraging in equal measure.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

What's to embarassed about? The fact that a female athlete is better than you? Well newflash most female athletes are probably better than you in their chosen sport.

As far as girls and planches go, there are heaps of females who can hold straddle planches. Look at any sports acrobatics group routine and you will probably see the top hit a straddle planche at some point. The thing is most of them are well and truly girls, very young, short, thin as sticks and no T&A to speak of. I haven't seen many actual women with an actual figure who can hold a straddle planche and they are all handbalancers, not pre-pubescent gymnasts.

Generally, female gymnasts reach their peak power-to-weight ratio prior to puberty and are ready for elite international competition at the minimum age requirement.

Male gymnasts have also changed over the years and are now smaller than the gymnasts of the 1950's. Male gymnasts are lean and heavily-muscled, yet possess adequate flexibility and agility to perform the required skills at elite international competition. Modern male gymnasts tend to achieve an optimal power-to-weight ratio during their twenties.

ps. I just found this video, thought it was pretty cool

-qhGo0GAALM

wingspan

Wow. Talk about making the best of the hand you are dealt.

Inspiring stuff.

Neal Winkler

I'm crushed by a girl doing a 2s straddle planche?

Razz

Guys comeon just accept the ironi.. it is kinda funny/ironic that a young girl owns most forum members :P

ashita

WOW the girl with just one leg is very impressive.

Animalonfire

I wasn't meaning to be sexist or condescending. I didn't even intend for it to be taken too seriously. I'm currently working on 5x5s tuck planche because that's the most that I can handle ATM. As the majority of members of the forum are also behind this girl I thought they might also find it interesting/amusing. I didn't set out to offend anyone and I'm sorry if I have .I have nothing but respect for high level athletes in any sport, of any gender.

Seiji

I was like 40 seconds into the video and then "OMG SHE'S MISSING A LEG" lol

My best straddle planche is just a straddle split held off the ground :P My butt cramps after a very short amount of time. She definitely owned me.