This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE4 and iM

Started by Devon O'Neal, June 24, 2018 · 7 Replies · 98 Views

Devon O'Neal

Hello! I just started working this one and I do not have a mat to do the elevated version, so I tried to do the regular deck squat and it feels pretty good but I wanted to check if I am ready to practice, so I would not have to buy a mat. Please let me know what you think. Thank you for your time!

https://youtu.be/Ie0Mgw7ieF4

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Devon the Pe is ok, can you film the im with a back view so that I can check for possible hops twist?

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThanks, Alessandro! I filmed the iM from the back as you asked. I hope it is the view you were thinking of. I can refilm it if it is not a good view.

https://youtu.be/d824SMaTwP8

 

Alessandro Mainente

Well there is a good amount of twist in the hips, stay on this for 3-4 training session more.

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThank you! I will continue to work on this and submit a form check when I feel like I have made some progress.

Devon O'Neal

I have been working on this and I wanted to get a progress update on this. I am not sure if I understand the hip twist mentioned by Alessandro in the iM previously posted on June 25 because I do not think there is much improvement in this one that I am posting. I notice that the hip that I am performing the exercise on is higher than the other. Should I be aiming to keep both hips at the same height while performing the movement? I appreciate the support and coaching. Thank you for your time!

 

https://youtu.be/tbPL-jsJ7I4

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Devon I noticed that you left hips is tighter. Are you following the middle split stretch series? 

Devon O'Neal

@Alessandro MainenteThanks for the reply! I have been performing the middle split stretch series along with the other 2 stretch series once a week for a bit over a year. I was really tight before starting, and I feel like I have loosened up a bit. Practicing by myself may have slowed my progress due to the amount of time needed to discover that I am not in proper form and wasting my time. But anyway, thanks, Alessandro I appreciate your guidance and eager to hear about any suggestions you may have for me to focus on.