I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to ask this (and feel free to let me know if it is not!). I recently got kicked in the leg while training Capoeira, which led to a lateral quadricep contusion (hematoma, much swelling, significantly decreased mobility). I'm not currently able to train :cry: I am supposed to wait several days (while maintaining RICE) prior to massage, heating, or stretch (due to the potential to develop calcium deposits within the muscle... :shock: ).
I have heard that massage would be very helpful when the muscle is ready for it, to move the blood causing the swelling (my leg is about twice it's normal size). I was wondering if foam rolling sounds like it may be appropriate. Obviously, I would not push myself to experience any pain while doing this (I have no desire to further complicate my injury). I may even just take my foam roller and apply it from above, using only the force of my hands, as opposed to entire bodyweight.
Anywho, thanks ahead of time if anybody has any comments on this.
.sean