Hi,
I can do the negative hanging leg raise with straight legs (PE6) but I noticed my arm bend a little. Should i work on keeping them totally straight or it doesnt matter ( i feel the exercise in the abs...).
Thx!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Katherine Labelle Nguyen, June 22, 2018 · 4 Replies · 116 Views
Hi,
I can do the negative hanging leg raise with straight legs (PE6) but I noticed my arm bend a little. Should i work on keeping them totally straight or it doesnt matter ( i feel the exercise in the abs...).
Thx!
Hey Katherine,
I love the question. You want to keep your elbows completely straight at all times during HLL work. Keep your shoulders by your ears and elbows locked throughout each set.
This is the hardest movement for me. I can bring my legs about 80% of the way up but I have little control in the negative.
One reason may be that I have nothing bracing my back: I am doing them (learning them) in an open Rogue pull-up rig. Perhaps buying/building stall bars would help?
Yes, that could be a part of the issue. Try setting up ring straps horizontally across the rig. Get them as tight as possible and place them around the height of your upper and middle back. That's a quick stall bar substitute for these.
thank you! im going to work on keeping those arms straight then!