This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SPL PE5 Form Check

Started by Benjamin Nutt, June 20, 2018 · 15 Replies · 184 Views

Benjamin Nutt

Hi folks. Started work on Planche Leans today. Any pointers?

I have a feeling these will take a while!

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Benjamin,

You are definitely off to a good start. Here are my recommendations:

-For your planch leans, focus on maintaining a neutral spine as you protract. It’s a common mistake to allow the upper back to curl. It is better to keep back straight.

- For your iM, work to keep your hips pressed firmly to the floor as you raise up into the hold. Avoid letting the lower back arch to lift the legs. The main focus should be to maintain posterior pelvic tilt. 

Alessandro Mainente

I like MIkey points, in order to make the second point easier you can consider to hold the the arms closer to the hips so that the upper spine does not involve the lower spine.

Benjamin Nutt

@Mikey Cunanan, I focused on the points you gave me. Are these looking better?

Alessandro Mainente

The IM needs correction, knees are too high. too much arc in the lower back.

Benjamin Nutt
Just now, Alessandro Mainente said:

The IM needs correction, knees are too high. too much arc in the lower back.

Thanks, @Alessandro Mainente . Should my knees be just off the ground? Like an inch or less?

Alessandro Mainente

The necessary to feel the butt activation.

Benjamin Nutt

@Mikey Cunanan  and @Alessandro Mainente  (and everyone else :) ),

I felt frisky on Tuesday so I tested this movement for Mastery. I believe I've fixed the  iM. Thoughts?

Alessandro Mainente

Im is very good, for the PE you need definitely more lean.

Benjamin Nutt

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente . I think I need to rotate my hands more outward. Will test again next week and see where I'm at.

Benjamin Nutt

Wow, @Alessandro Mainente . Got more lean and wound up having to go down several steps! So much to work on here!

Does this look like a better amount of lean?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Actually, you did around 12'' of lean with not enough lean. you should reduce to 6 seconds and aim for more range of motion. also, film yourself so that I can see you perfectly. it is hard to judge from this angle.

Benjamin Nutt

@Alessandro Mainente, thank you for the feedback. Two follow-up questions:

1. What is the appropriate amount of lean? 

2. From what angle should I film? Should I maintain a side angle but place the camera higher?

Just looking for something concrete with which to work. Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

your wrists must be centered with the camera. the appropriate lean is what you achieve if you begin from the "cat-cow" position with hips over the knees and shoulders over the wrists. and then you hold fixed in the floor both feet and wrists and you lean until knees and hips are extended.

Benjamin Nutt

Like this?

 

Alessandro Mainente

much better, consider the idea that arms and upper legs must be completely orthogonal to the floor.