Easing back into tumbling

Started by ScottyG978, April 16, 2010 · 3 Replies · 1,799 Views

ScottyG978

So i've just gotten over, or atleast will in the next two weeks anyway, having extremely bad forearm splints and by then with 2 months rest, will hopefully be rid of them. The splints have come on several times because i've jumped into tumbling too fast (roundoffs, several back handsprings and such). My question is, at what rate should I ease back into tumbling? Since i already do incline pushups with my feet on the edge of my bed, my arms currently can handle most of my body weight over a long period of time. The problem is the impact of the tumbling. I was thinking of about two or so weeks of just a bunch of cartwheels and handstands every other day, before i move onto round offs and eventually, back handsprings. What do you guys think? Also, when i do this stuff, should i do this on the days that i work out with my arms, or on my resting days? How long should the whole easing in process take? Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic but i didnt find one that it could fit in 100%.

Seiji

You could always continue resting your arms and have a go at no hand tumbling.

ScottyG978

oh i have been haha. But once you've gotten used to doing tumbling passes, no-handed stuff just isn't the same. I mean, im back to backtucks, misty flips, and other "tricking" manevuers when I'm used to going for 1 1/2 fulltwist punch fronts... It's unbearibly simple now and i dont like it one bit. I just want my passes back asap.

So with that, anyone else got any imput?

Blairbob

tumble on tumbl-trak or rod floor should be a little more nice on your forearms.