This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Backward tuck roll

Started by Mark Chin, June 19, 2018 · 4 Replies · 85 Views

Mark Chin

Hi. Any pointers for making the change from assisted backward roll to the backward tuck roll? My only mat option for the assisted version is 6 inches. I have been doing them for months and am comfortable with them.

I moved on to the backward tuck roll yesterday and actually didn't do one because I was worried about breaking my neck. Lol.

Thoughts to guide me over the hump would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

 

Mark

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mark, for a technical movement like the ones in the Movement series, i need to see one attempt at least.

Mark Chin

http://youtu.be/jYWSFrWh8C0

Hi Alex, I actually pulled one off *without* breaking my neck, much to my surprise.

I would still very much appreciate a pointer on how to improve it. 

Thank you!!

 

Mark

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Mark, well i tend to say something like that to my gymnasts:

-if you feel too much pressure on the neck stop

-if you do not reach faster with the hands then the first consequence is the pressure on the neck.

-if you cannot reach faster you cannot begin to push vertically faster and the pressure on the neck will increases.

Mark Chin

Thank you, Alex. I will try for faster with the hands.

 

Mark