This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Continuing with iM after completing progressions

Started by Carl Bringenberg, June 18, 2018 · 1 Replies · 147 Views

Carl Bringenberg

There are a lot of iM exercises that I find really useful (Jefferson curl, Xiaopeng, etc.) and I was wondering where in one's training they should be continued after passing the PE they are associated with? It seems like Jefferson Curls are passed quite early in the manna progressions, but that hardly gives time to work up to that 100% bodyweight goal.

Thanks,

Leon Clough

 Hi, Carl. I’ve been doing the gymnastic bodies program for three years this month. I am at the beginning of F2, but have had trouble transitioning. I discovered through speaking with those who are more accomplished that I was failing to continue including both the strength and mobility from earlier evolutions of the training in my more advanced routines. If you follow JUST what’s in the programming you may find it hard to adjust down the road to more advanced strength. That’s what happened to me. 

This January I started over and did each movement twice before moving on, and found weakness in things I was previously able to do with no issues. I was told to use earlier movements as warmups and even light days/active rest days to keep up strength and mobility and help improve as I advance. Think of it as building a cycle that keeps getting bigger, with more to chose from. I also think a seminar would be helpful, so I’m planning on attending one next year. Perhaps this helps with your question?