This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Ape and getting low without falling backwards

Started by Seanna Barnett, June 16, 2018 · 1 Replies · 62 Views

Seanna Barnett

Hey there,

I am struggling to get a good ape position without either going more than hip width apart and pointing my foot at a 45% degree angle or bringing my feet closer and raising my arms out in front of me. I understand that this is a muscle tension/lack of mobility issue but I guess what I am wondering is what is best? Do I sink low with feet flat, hip width apart and holding on to something in front of me to stay in the low squat or just get to where I can and hopefully I will get into a good ape eventually?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Seanna , I think you have tight achilles tendon, you can consider to work with the front split stretch series!