This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Newbie - ok at HS but not Mob

Started by Rhys Davies, June 16, 2018 · 1 Replies · 123 Views

Rhys Davies

Hi all, 

im going to guess I’ll get crucified for this but here goes. I’ve been working on HS for ~ 6-8 months. Made some reasonable progress by myself can get a 3-4sec HS but a bit ugly. I joined to help improve but am dismayed. My mob is not the best so now I’m stuck back doing tripods and head stand which I could do before I started 8 months back because my shoulder mob needs work. 

I was hoping to improve my balance and hang time as I improve mobility, but now the course doesn’t let me away from 3 points of contact with the ground. Massively demotivating. 

I’m  on the verge of asking for a refund because I know plenty who get there HS and then improve the look of it. This Hs course seems to be the long way round of being perfect all the way from the start. 

Any comments welcomed

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Rhys, unfortunately I totally AGREE with Coach Sommer idea of mastering first mobility and alignment and then moving into the specific handstand work. The body learns by habit, both bad and good habits. And trying the wrong handstand will requires . in order to be corrected) 3 times the attempts you made for mastering the correct form.

I talk about a student who had a bad handstand before meeting coach Sommer's idea.

I've stopped, I've recognized that shoulders imbalances and bad mobility were my first problem. no matter how much time I stayed on the same exercise. now I have my handstand and i can work up to harder variation! trust the program!