This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Unchain my seizas

Started by Darwin Jose, June 16, 2018 · 6 Replies · 244 Views

Darwin Jose

Hi, I recently attended the GB Level 1 seminar in Denver. I overheard coach Sommer say that if one is too tight, using a strap to keep the heels together during the FS seizas is not the right way to adjust this exercise. How can I not use a strap and keep my heels together? My heels roll out otherwise.

Thanks for your advice, 

Darwin

Alessandro Mainente

You can consider to do seiza with one leg at a time and then trying the pose with heels together.

Jonas Berglund
8 hours ago, Darwin Jose said:

Hi, I recently attended the GB Level 1 seminar in Denver. I overheard coach Sommer say that if one is too tight, using a strap to keep the heels together during the FS seizas is not the right way to adjust this exercise. How can I not use a strap and keep my heels together? My heels roll out otherwise.

Thanks for your advice, 

Darwin

Thanks for sharing. I never liked the strap. Will try find other ways from now on, like alessandros advice.

Darwin Jose

Thank you!!

Coach Sommer
On 6/15/2018 at 7:27 PM, Darwin Jose said:

Hi, I recently attended the GB Level 1 seminar in Denver. I overheard coach Sommer say that if one is too tight, using a strap to keep the heels together during the FS seizas is not the right way to adjust this exercise. How can I not use a strap and keep my heels together? My heels roll out otherwise.

Thanks for your advice, 

Darwin

Simply elevate the glutes up off of the heels until you reach a height where you can keep the heels together.  Then gradually, over time, lower the glutes down to the feet once more.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Jonas Berglund
3 hours ago, Coach Sommer said:

Simply elevate the glutes up off of the heels until you reach a height where you can keep the heels together.  Then gradually, over time, lower the glutes down to the feet once more.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Ill have to buy more blocks=)

Thanks coach!

Kevin Shaw

Interesting, I have been using a strap for quite awhile (based on advice from this group) now as I too cannot keep my heels together during these exercises. Curious now as to why is the strap around the ankles not a good solution? Thanks for your help.